• The first assessments and distribution of relief items to displaced people have been carried out by authorities and humanitarian partners on 7 June.
• The most urgent needs are: food, shelters, non-food items, protection, health care, transport and water, hygiene and sanitation.
• The newly displaced people fled from Bosso, Yébi and Toumour.
• National authorities and humanitarian actors are mobilizing substantial relief assistance to assist people affected by these attacks.
• On 3 June, Boko Haram launched one of its deadliest attacks in the Diffa region against Bosso town, setting off waves of displacement.
More than 30 attacks have been attributed to Boko Haram in the Diffa region since the beginning of the year.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.