0 Death Confirm positive cases
107 Person in Isolation
1697 Persons tested for COVID-19
Source https://covid19.mohp.gov.np/#/ (as of April 06, 2020)
• Nepal has entered the second stage of coronavirus transmission as identified first locally transmitted case in the Far Western Region on 4th April, 2020.
• The country lock-down continues until 15th April, 2020.
• The flights are suspended until 15th April, 2020.
• The Government of Nepal (GoN) has restricted movement from one municipality to another, one district to another and one Province to another.
• The GoN has set up Corona Virus testing centres in all the seven Provinces of Nepal.
• The GoN has introduced criteria for relief package, this includes 30 kgs rice, 3 kg pulse, 2 kgs salt, 2 ltrs cooking oil, 4 pcs soap and 2 kgs sugar.
• Social Welfare Council has asked all INGOs to submit plans to reallocate up to 20% of the budget from already approved projects in response of COVID -19.
• The Ministry of Federal Affairs and General Administration (MoFAGA) has issued a circulation to 753 local governments on the implementation of one door system in relief distribution.
• The Ministry of Women, Children and Senior Citizens has issued a circular regarding the coordination and support to reach the most vulnerable population requiring special protection support.
• Following the increasing number of COVID-19 positive cases in Western Nepal, the GoN has decided to do a rapid testing in three districts – Kailai, Baglung and Kanchanpur.
• The High-Level Coordination Committee on Prevention and Control of Novel Coronavirus under the leadership of Honorable Deputy Prime Minister and Defense Minister has established a COVID-19 Crisis Management Centre (CMC). Key functions of the CMC is to deliver rapid responses to COVID-19 in an organised, effective and coordinated manner.