• Since November 2013, Namibia has been experiencing a cholera outbreak, which was mainly confined to the northern regions. 518 cases have been recorded nationally with 17 fatalities.
• On 11 February 2014 the first recorded cases of cholera were recorded in the capital, Windhoek, in the Katutura Areas, Khomas Regional Council.
• Fourteen (14) suspected or confirmed cases of cholera in Windhoek, since Tuesday 11th February 2014.
• One death has been recorded in the Katutura area.
• Namibia’s official cholera case fatality rate (CFR) since November now stands at 3.3%.
• Ministry of Health and Social Services (MoHSS) and Khomas Regional Council are leading response.