- The Post-Nargis Recovery and Preparedness Plan (PoNREPP) Recovery Coordination Centre (RCC) was launched on 10 June 2009, with three international staff from ASEAN and the UN system covering key duties.
- An international RCC Manager a. i. has been appointed and with the RCC Team, is providing overall support to the evolution process from humanitarian to recovery phase.
- The Cluster system is officially transitioning to the Post-Nargis Recovery and Preparedness Plan's (PoNREPP) coordination arrangement as from 01 July 2009.
- Funding for recovery activities currently stands at about US$100 million, with efforts underway to mobilize additional funds for project activities and coordination services envisaged under PoNREPP.
- Extensive preparations were made for the visit of UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon on 3-4 July 2009.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.