Myanmar

Myanmar: Landmines / ERW Incidents Information (January - July 2021)

Format
Infographic
Source
Posted
Originally published
Origin
View original

Attachments

Highlights

Incidents figures from January to July of 2021 show that the number of casualties countrywide (138) reached 55% of the whole year of 2020 (252). Shan State shouldered 38% of the total casualties countrywide whereas Rakhine and Kachin shouldered 33% and 19% respectively. Other areas including Bago, Chin, Kayah, Kayin and Mon shouldered only 11% of the total casualties. Children represent 30% of casualties from landmine/ERW explosions countrywide while Rakhine State accounts for the highest rate of child casualties with 44% of the total. Compare with the same period of 2020 (103 incidents with 183 casualties), the incidents and casualties were less in 2021. However, there were a lot of explosions targeted to local administrations and security forces across the country which were not included in this report.