I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
- The Northern Rakhine State area is facing severe floods due to continuous rains for the past three days. The area is at further risk as the rainy season has just started.
- The Government of the Union of Myanmar has welcomed the offer of assistance from humanitarian organizations present in Myanmar.
- The Deputy Minister of Home Affairs, U Phone Swe will lead a fact finding mission on 17 June and will meet UN and NGOs present in NRS to assess the situation coordinate the response to the emergency.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.