Myanmar Flood Situation Update No. 1 - Sunday, 02 August 2015 18:00 hrs (UTC+7)
- Approximately 156,000 people were affected by flood throughout the country, particularly in Sagaing Region, and Kachin and Shan States.
- Flooding have also been reported in upper Rakhine, lower Chin and Kayin States.
- Myanmar’s Relief and Resettlement Department (RRD) reported 27 death due to the incident.
- After visiting the affected sites, on 31 July, President Thein Sein issued a statement declaring natural disaster zones in Chin and Rakhine States and Sagaing and Wagway Regions.
- Local authorities, ministries and departements, military and police as well as local and International NGOs are responding to the situation to provide assistance.
- Based on the Myanmar’s Meteorology and Hydrometeorology Department, above normal rains are expected to happen in the next days in Bago Region, Kachin, Shan, Rakhine, Kayin and Mon States.