• 155 cases have been confirmed with six fatalities and 43 recoveries.
• Over 60,300 migrant workers had returned from abroad as of 23 April, according to the International Organization for Migration. As of 2 May, around 42,600 people had been quarantined in over 8,300 facilities across the country.
• As of 30 April, five internally displaced people (IDPs) in Myebon Township of Rakhine State had been home quarantined, after returning from Yangon.
• Preparedness and response efforts, as well as risk communication and community engagement by Government and humanitarian partners continue, reaching IDPs and communities in almost all conflict-affected areas as well as returning migrants in quarantine facilities.
• The Government announced a budget of 2.4 billion Myanmar Kyats (US$1.7million) for preventive measures in IDP camps.
• On 20 April, the World Bank approved a US$50 million loan for the Myanmar COVID-19 Emergency Response Project.
• An Addendum to the 2020 Humanitarian Response Plan has been finalized targeting over 900,000 people, including 50,000 returning migrants and with an additional US$46 million funding requirement.
155 Confirmed cases
3.3K Persons tested
60.3K Returnee migrants
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.