• Food insecurity in Chin State may worsen when the monsoon rains start. The rains reduce people's access to other off-farm income-generating activities.
• Higher cost of basic commodities, such as food items and fuel, may worsen food insecurity.
• An increasing lack of job opportunities in Chin State, particularly during the dry season (March-May), may lead to a high rate of economic migration.
• Seasonal water shortage is anticipated during the dry season (March-May) in both urban and rural areas in Chin.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.