• On 12 January the Mozambique authorities declared an Orange Alert due to heavy rains that lasted for more than a week.
• Moderate to intense rains have affected 19,646 persons throughout the country, causing total or partial damage to 2,979 houses, inundating 679 houses, and interrupting road infrastructures, as well as electricity and drainage systems.
• Nine temporary accommodations centers were set up around Maputo city to provide shelter to about 5492 people;
• The water line in some river basins remains above alert level, with a levels rising in the southern and central regions of the country.
• Government authorities and partners are closely monitoring the situation, with multi-sectoral teams including UNAPROC members deployed to strategic locations to support local authorities.