• Food security was the main priority reported across the district, with significant losses of crops. Immediate short-term assistance as well as long-term livelihoods support will be required in the aftermath of the cyclone for affected populations.
• A high number of houses were destroyed across the district. Shelter assistance and the provision of durable materials are required in order for affected populations to build back better1 .
• Access to health care is a concern due to the low prevalence of health facilities available in the district.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.