• Due to the trajectory of the cyclone Idai, population density, and coastal location, shelter and infrastructure damage in Beira was significant, with the overwhelming majority of surveyed locations reporting houses either damaged or destroyed.
• The deterioration of WASH facilities is of concern, especially for displaced populations and the high number of people living in informal settlements.
• In combination with underlying poverty, crop losses, and market disruptions, food insecurity is expected to increase in Beira in the following months.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.