• The impact from the cyclone was particularly severe on infrastructure, leading to shelter and WASH needs.
• Limited access to health facilities and the deterioration of WASH conditions are likely to expose people to serious health risks.
• Shelter assistance is of high priority. The district was mainly hit by wind, and many people lack adequate housing.
• Extensive damage to crops is likely to negatively impact food security in the long-term. Food needs will most likely be depleted in the immediate aftermath of the cyclone, with not a single location surveyed through the MRA reporting having food stocks.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.