Metuge – Key Updates
MOVEMENTS + RELOCATION
- EPC Nangua requested not to move through community engagement, NFI beneficiary verification is ongoing.
- Nangua 2 to Pulo is on hold while the district deals with the new arrivals
- New arrivals at Manono – this has continued, however slowed last week. The current total of Meluco families at the site is 6 HH.
- To date, there are 714 HH in Pulo. IOM CCCM has started to create site level committees to support the community and partners, NFIs distributed, bamboo due in the coming days for temporary shelter solutions.
- A small number of temporary departures from Ngalane have been noted as IDPs go to work in their Quissanga machambas, leaving belongings and family members at the site.
- IDPs from Meluco were flagged to CCCM in Nancaramo, a total of 207 HH. Only 25 HH wish to move to Pulo. Food has been provided by Sant Eugidio.
- Pulo: site development works on going service areas currently being cleared
- Namarrua: site development works on going (1118 plots), 480 plots are cleared. - GAP: WASH partners for emergency latrines
- Creation of site maintenance committees has continued, with distributions of kits and activities starting.
- Monitoring of diarrhea cases in the sites by CCCM ongoing, with follow up where necessary – this is also being tracked by health. An increase in cases of diarrhea has been noted in the sites, but no confirmed cholera cases at this point. There has also been an increase in malaria cases reported.
- District level Service Providers meeting was delayed as the Admin was away. This is currently being scheduled around his availability, the date will be shared soon.
- WASH visit was conducted in Nangua 1, Centro Agrario, Manono, updates on when improvements will be made are still pending. Urgent need required in Centro Agrario where there are only 10 functional latrines, and only 5 in good condition
- Families in Ntocota are collecting water from the river due to low functioning boreholes and requesting Certeza - ongoing
- Appropriate medical support – MISAU are not attending due to a lack of medication. Need for hygiene kits and hygiene promotion activities – ongoing concern.