Flash Update: Mozambique Floods - January 2015
- Since the red alert declared on 12 January, the heavy rains and floods have affected 157,172 people (32,711 families) in the country – vast majority of this in Zambezia province;
- The death toll since the declaration of Red Alert is 120 which 96 were recorded in Zambézia
- Despite logistical difficulties and initial delays, distribution of relief supplies is underway in all accommodation centres.
- The restoration of electric power is expected by 30 January 2015 in the affected areas in the North and Centre region
- n Zambézia, 456 plots of a targeted 2500 have been assigned and occupied by the affected families in various districts
- Central Government mission led by Prime-Minister visited flood affected areas in Zambézia province on 23-24 January
- In Zambézia, estimated 38,261 ha of crops have been lost