- A large majority of migrants are men (93%).
- 7% of observed migrants at flow monitoring points are minors.
- 66,376 migrants (9,005 incoming and 57,371 outgoing) were counted at flow monitoring points, representing an average of 128 migrants per day.
- The majority of surveyed migrants indicated their intention to travel to Algeria and Libya, while 42% intended to travel to Europe, in particular Italy and Spain.
- Algeria, Mauritania, Burkina Faso and Niger are major transit points after Mali.
- Nationals from Guinea, Gambia, Senegal, and Côte d'Ivoire rank first among non-Malian migrants transiting through Mali to West African countries, North Africa and Europe.
- The vast majority of identified migrants arrived in Mali in transit buses. However, migrants departing from Gao mainly travel in trucks, while those identified at other flow monitoring points primarily travel by bus.