l. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
• As of 19 June, the total number of internally displaced people (IDPs) within Mali was estimated at 154,754, including 47,754 registered in the south and an estimated 107,000 in the north. The number of Malian refugees registered in Burkina Faso, Mauritania and Niger is now 180,060. According to a statement by the Algerian government in March, at least 30,000 more are in Algeria.
• The Consolidated Appeal for Mali has been released. Partners require US$213 million in 2012 to assist 5.06 million people affected by the food and nutrition crisis and 2.2 million people directly affected by the conflict.
• As of 19 June, donors had committed US$76.5 million, or 36 per cent of total requirements. The rate of funding for Malian refugee programmes in the appeals for Burkina Faso, Mauritania and Niger stands at 19 per cent, 21 per cent and 18 per cent respectively.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.