UNICEF Malawi Floods Situation Report #18, 14 April 2015
- The Education cluster administered a situation analysis of the most affected schools over a period of 4 days via the Real Time Monitoring SMS based system. Initial data from 132 schools shows significant impact of the floods on leaner enrolment and damaged school infrastructure. This information will now be verified and followed up by the cluster.
- UNICEF through GOAL Malawi has constructed 32 more latrines in the past week. This brings the cumulative number of latrines constructed by UNICEF partners Goal Malawi, CRS and Concern universal to 738 reaching 123,549 people.
- UNICEF continued supply of lifesaving therapeutic food for treatment of severe acute malnutrition and delivered 6,752 cartons of RUTF, 872 packs of Retinol 100,000IU and 5,133 packs of Retinol 200,00IU in all the affected districts.
- Over the reporting period, UNICEF delivered supplies valued at US$ 240,618 increasing the total value of supplies delivered from US$ 2,568,131 to US$ 2,808,749.
- UNICEF has a funding gap of US$ 2,594,067, against the overall appeal for US$ 9,291,292.