I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
- The Secretary-General has appointed the former Foreign Minister of Jordan, Mr. Abdelilah Al-Khatib, as his Special Envoy to Libya.
- United Nations Emergency Relief Coordinator Ms. Valerie Amos called for urgent humanitarian access to Misurata in the west of Libya following reports of violence and killing in the area.
- Ms. Amos visited the Libya-Tunisia border area and a transit camp on Saturday. She praised responders' efforts to avert a crisis on the borders.
- According to IOM, over 200,000 people have now left Libya.
- A total of US$62.2 million has been contributed and $10 million pledged from donors in response to the crisis.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.