I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
- On 1 March, an estimated 12,000 people were evacuated from the Tunisia-Libya border to Egypt by air and sea.
- A United Nations joint rapid assessment mission is currently in eastern Libya proceeding to Benghazi to assess humanitarian needs.
- The United Nations Emergency Relief Coordinator has allocated some US$5 million from the Central Emergency Response Fund to kick-start emergency efforts to help people fleeing violence in Libya.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.