The monthly dashboard summarizes the progress made by partners involved in the Lebanon Crisis Response and highlights trends aecting people in need. Social Stability partners are working to strengthen local communities and institutions ability to mitigate tensions and prevent conict, and to inform the overall response on the evolution of tensions.
• Participatory mapping of needs completed in all 244 municipalities identied as most vulnerable has been completed and released and is now used a basis for partners interventions at municipal level.
• Support to Municipal capacity to respond to the crisis and maintain social stability has continued increasing. Investment in municipalities in 2016 exceeds 2014 and 2015 combined, with 225 projects across 97 municipalities.
• Increased focus on supporting decentralization efforts by strengthening central-local level linkages – In particular support to MoIM in regulating municipal police, and to MoSA in supporting municipalities in needs of identication and conflict prevention.
• 100 municipalities have now been supported over the past three years to implement local dialogue and conflict mitigation initiatives, typically through the establishment of dedicated committees.
• Over 5,600 youth and children participating in peacebuilding and empowerment activities. 161 staff from 55 LCRP partners (UN, NGOs, Donors) trained on conflict sensitive programming.