Drought Situation & EW Phase Classification
- Rainfall across the county over the month of November was limited to falls of 50-200 mm across Rainfed, and Mixed Farming livelihood zones. Parts of the Marginal Mixed farming livelihood zone received 50-100 mm, primarily in the north. Much of the rain was experienced in the first and second dekad of November.
- The Standard Precipitation Index (SPI) was -0.27 illustrating normal condition
- The Vegetation Condition Index (VCI) was 30.19 illustrating moderate drought.
- The state of water sources was good as attributed to the onset of rains in October and hence adequate recharge of water sources.
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
- No external migration was reported in the period under review.
- The received rainfall promoted pastures regeneration that has resulted into improving livestock body condition on a range of fair to good which is Normal indicated by the statistics range 4- 5.
- Milk Production was recorded at an average of 29.33(750ml) and consumption at 25.67(750ml) respectively per livelihood zone. - Terms of Trade (ToT) ratio was at 72 in comparison to an average of 83.
- Percentage of children at risk for malnourished whose MUAC was below 135mm was 7.23 for the period under review that was above the average of 6.6.