- The County is currently experiencing moderate vegetation deficit.
- The onset of the seasonal rains began in the first dekad of this month. The OND rains were expected to begin in the second dekad of October but these seasonal rains delayed. The county recorded an average of 26.3 mm which is below the normal for this time of the year.
- The vegetation condition. The 3-month VCI indicates that the County is currently experiencing moderate vegetation deficit recording a VCI of 21.14. The values decreased when compared to the values of the previous month where the VCI was at 26.05. The vegetation condition remains poor in the county.
- Most of the livestock in Tana River County have remained in Tana Delta and along River Tana. Migration of livestock away from the delta region due to the experienced OND rains was reported.
- Pasture and browse conditions remains poor.
- Livestock body condition also remains poor.
- Milk production at household level slightly increased to 3.9 litres compared to the last month where the amounts was at 1.5.
- Milk consumption at household level slightly increased to 2.6 litres compared to the last month where it was at 1.2 litre. Milk consumption remains below normal.
- The average livestock distance to the water sources remains above normal at 7.2 km compared to the last month where it was at 9 km. The return distance remains high compared to the normal distance of 6.2 km.
- The percentage of children under the risk of malnutrition in this month was at 15% compared to that of October which was at 24.5%. The poor nutritional status is attributed to low milk production and poor agricultural production in the livelihood zones.