Drought Situation & EW Phase Classification
- The county experienced light rains in the highlands. Low temperatures prevailed during the reporting period.
- The county vegetation condition index was above normal. All the four Sub Counties VCI depicted vegetation greenness above normal.
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
- Farmers have started preparing agricultural lands waiting onset of short rains.
- Livestock body condition was good for all species.
- Milk production per HH per day was above normal.
- Livestock migration patterns were normal.
- Terms of Trade were favourable and above the normal range.
- Milk consumption per HH per day was above normal.
- Distances to water sources were at the normal range.
- Distances to water sources from grazing area were at the normal range.
- The proportion of children at risk of malnutrition remained within the normal range.