Drought Situation & EW Phase Classification
▪ The County received light rains that were below normal and were reported in the lowlands and the highlands. The rains were poorly distributed in time and space
▪ The county vegetation greenness condition was above the normal range (VCI-3Month; 58.03) and as forecasted by ASTROCAST vegetation is projected to be green for the next two months.
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
▪ Land preparation and early planting ongoing.
▪ Livestock body condition was good for all species across all livelihood zones and no migration was reported.
▪ Average milk production per HH per day was above normal.
▪ Terms of Trade were favorable.
▪ Milk consumption per HH per day was above normal.
▪ Household return distances to water sources were normal.
▪ Distances to water sources from grazing areas were below normal.
▪ The proportion of children at risk of malnutrition was within the normal range