Drought Situation & EW Phase Classification
▪ The County received rains that were within the normal range in the first dekad of the month. The rains were well distributed in both the lowlands and the highlands.
▪ The county vegetation greenness condition was above the normal range (VCI-3Month; 64.17) and as forecasted by ASTROCAST vegetation is projected to be for the next two months.
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
▪ Maize is at the drying stage for harvesting while beans, green grams and cowpeas were being harvested.
▪ Livestock body condition was good for all species across all livelihood zones and no migration was reported.
▪ Average milk production per HH per day was above normal.
▪ Terms of Trade were favorable.
▪ Milk consumption per HH per day was above normal.
▪ Household return distances to water sources were normal.
▪ Distances to water sources from grazing areas were below normal.
▪ The proportion of children at risk of malnutrition was within the normal range