- No rains were received in the month under review.
- The short rains resulted to pasture regeneration and recharge of water sources in all zones.
- However, Pasture and open water sources are drying up fast due to high temperatures.
- Vegetation condition index was below long term average at 27.35.
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
- Maize crop failure experienced while pulses harvests were below normal.
- Livestock body condition is fair.
- Milk production is improving mainly in the highlands.
- Open water sources have dried up due to high evaporation rate.
- Cases of human wildlife conflict are increasing in Voi Sub County.
- Terms of Trade remained favorable.
- The proportion of children at risk of malnutrition is within normal range.