- Short rains progressed well into the 1st and 2nd dekads recording cumulative rainfall of 53.3 mm and 30.4 mm respectively which was good and evenly distributed.
- Vegetation cover greenness as measured by VCI improved to normal conditions except for Samburu East which inhibited moderate vegetation deficit.
- Open surface water sources remained fully recharged in agro pastoral zone and partially recharged in pastoral livelihood zone as a result of precipitation.
Socioeconomic Indicators Details
- Majority of livestock are back to wet season grazing zone near homesteads.
- Downward trend was notice in both livestock and household trekking distances.
- Milk was available to households though production and consumption declined compared to previous month.
- Body condition for goats’ and sheep was good while it was fair for cattle across the livelihood zones.
- Posho/Maize market prices reduced to Ksh 50 per kilogram.
- Current TOT improved with income from sale of a goat purchasing 43.5 kg of cereals.
- Rate of children at risk of malnutrition improved to 20.2 percent from 21.6 percent recorded in last month.