Drought Situation & EW Phase Classification
• Vegetation condition has remained above the normal ranges according to vegetation condition index.
• Surface water sources remained roughly 60 – 80 percent recharge across the livelihood zones.
Socio Economic Indicators Details
• Distances trekked by household and livestock to water points have remained below the long-term average.
• Minimal internal normal movement of cattle observed in marginal pockets across the livelihood zones.
• Milk production and consumption remained stable at household level.
• Good to fair body condition was observed for all livestock species across the livelihood zones.
• Market prices for all livestock species remained above normal during the period under review.
• Prices for maize/posho remained stable compared to last month prices.
• Favourable terms of trade continued to be noticed across the livelihood zones.
• The rate of children under five years of age worsened as measured by Mid Upper Arm Circumference (MUAC).