Drought Situation & EW Phase Classification
• Satellite imagery indicated that vegetation condition has remained above the normal ranges according to vegetation condition index.
• Level of water in open water sources in pastoral areas deteriorated and remained 80 – 100 percent full in agro pastoral livelihood zone.
Socio Economic Indicators Details
• Households and livestock trekking distances are stable compared from last month but have remained below the long-term average.
• Minimal internal normal movement of cattle observed in marginal pockets across the livelihood zones.
• Milk production and consumption remained stable at household level.
• Good to fair body condition was observed for all livestock species across the livelihood zones.
• Market prices for all livestock species remained above normal during the period under review.
• Prices for maize/posho remained stable compared to last month prices.
• Favourable terms of trade continued to be noticed across the livelihood zones.