- The rain season has began though late and the rainfall has been received throughout the district
- All the areas in the district have received rainfall with good distribution and in good amounts
- Flow in the rivers has improved with increased precipitation in the catchments
- There have been no conflicts on water resources during the season that ended since the situation was not dry as before
- Harvesting of maize is ongoing in some high altitude areas, and this as lead to some reduction in maize prices
- Cereals are available in the markets, though not much is available in stocks for the farmers
- Livestock prices have gone down due to the opening of markets in the neighboring districts after the rift valley fever outbreak.
- This has affected mostly cattle and goats
- The number of children sampled whose MUAC is below 135mm has reduced showing an improved situation
- The situation in the district is currently normal and improved changed.
- Youth groups to be trained on tree planting as a business entrepreneurship.
- Tree planting season begin early enough enough before the rains end.
Previous DSG Recommendations
- Livestock vaccinations against Rift Valley Fever are done to avoid loses as experienced during the last outbreak.
- People be encouraged to keep upcoming livestock including rabbit to improve food security