Drought Situation & EW Phase Classification
- The month of September was relatively dry. However, offseason rains were received in some pockets mostly in high attitude areas for an average of two days.
- The Vegetation Condition had deteriorated during the month of September compared to the previous month. However, the Vegetation condition was above average.
- Access to water was poor. Rivers were flowing at below normal levels.
Water rationing by major water projects was reported with households accessing water once weekly.
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
- Land preparation in both livelihood zones was on-going.
- Livestock body condition range from good to fair for all species.
- Milk production was above normal.
- Terms of trade were favourable for livestock keepers.
- Milk consumption was within normal ranges.
- Distances to water sources were below the long-term averages.
- The proportion of children at risk of malnutrition during the month under review was within the normal threshold compared to the long term averages.
- Coping strategy Index of 4.2 was reported which was within normal range