Drought Situation & EW Phase Classification
▪ Moderate showers were received in the mixed farming and agropastoral livelihood zones with the pastoral livelihood zone receiving relatively low to no rainfall in the month under review,
▪ The county vegetation greenness was above normal during the month under review as depicted by Vegetation Condition Index (VCI).
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
▪ Maize, wheat and beans harvesting is ongoing and land preparation.
▪ Livestock body condition remained good across all the livelihood zones.
▪ Milk production ranged from fair to good and within the normal range compared to the long-term average.
▪ Terms of trade was favorable across all the livelihood zones.
▪ Milk consumption was stable across all the livelihood zones.
▪ Water access for both human and livestock consumption remained good across the livelihood zones.
▪ Distances to water sources is stable and below the normal range.
▪ There was a slight increase in the number of children who were malnourished measured by mid upper arm circumference (MUAC).
▪ Most households were within acceptable food consumption scores and employed normal coping strategies in accessing food.