Drought Situation & EW Phase Classification
▪ During the month under review, the county registered moderate to heavy rains.
▪ The amounts received were fairly distributed in both time and space across all the livelihood zones.
▪ The county vegetation condition was above normal across all the livelihood zones, water was available and accessible for both livestock and domestic use.
▪ Pasture and browse condition ranged from fair to good across all the livelihood zones.
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
▪ Planting and weeding were the main activities ongoing during the month under review.
▪ Livestock body condition ranged from fair to good across all the livelihood zones.
▪ Milk production ranged from fair to good and within the normal range compared to the long-term average.
▪ Terms of trade was favorable across all the livelihood zones.
▪ Household milk consumption was below long term average (LTA)
▪ Household and livestock water access was above the long term average (LTA) across all the livelihood zones.
▪ The number of children who were ‘at risk’ of malnutrition as measured by mid upper arm circumference (MUAC) was below the LTAs.
▪ Most households were within acceptable food consumption scores and employed normal coping strategies in accessing food.