Drought Situation & EW Phase Classification
- The month remained dry across all livelihood zones.
- Vegetation conditions however remained above normal with an average vegetation condition index of 54.66. Conditions however portrayed notable declines in Tigania East and Tigania West Sub - Counties.
- Pastures and browse were mainly fair to poor across all li vel ihood zones Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
Livestock body conditions were largely fair to poor in the Agro - pastoral livelihood zone and fair in all other livelihood zones.
Milk production declined to 22 litres from 26 last month.
30 -percent of LTA harvests of beans was realized this season and less than 20 percent of LTA for maize.
Pigeon peas and dolichos are at grain filling and maturing stages. Approximately 80 percent of LTA harvests are expected.
- Milk quantity consumed increased to 19 litres from 17 litres last month.
Return watering distances for households increased to km this month from km last month.
- 11 percent of sampled children were at risk of malnutrit ion similar to the previous month