- The rainfall that was received in the entire district was below normal
- Water is adequate and available in the district; the main sources of water for the month of May were pan and dams, borehole and River Daua.
- Pasture quality and quantities were better in all the divisions.
- Livestock body condition continued to be better in the month of May
- Compared to last month the average prices of goat, sheep, camel and cattle have increased due to high demand in the market
- There is still a mysterious disease reported that is killing Camels in the entire District
- The main sources of income was sale livestock and casual labour
- The average daily wage for this month of May is 150ksh,compared to last month it decreased by 4ksh
- The average cereal price was normal as per compared to last month
- Percentage At Risk and Malnourished (ARM) children for the month of May is26%
- Other essential commodities such as rice, cooking oil and sugar prices were above average
- From sampled divisions, everybody but mostly children consumed Milk. This is attributed to more lactating herds with better pasture
No flagged areas so far.
Recommendations to DSG & KFSSG
- Sensitize ALL communities in the entire district on peace building
- Provide Relief food and Supplementary feeding for the vulnerable groups and malnourished children and aged persons
- Strengthen mobile outreach services and stock more basic drugs at rural health facilities
- Provision of chemical water treatment for the entire district.
- Vaccination and mass treatment of livestock disease in the entire district (mostly camel).
- Introduce Food For Work for long term development
The following interventions were carried out during the month in the district;
- RACIDA constructed underground water tank in TINFA (wargudud), SHIRSHIR, ASHABITO and CHIRICH in Bainissa
- MDPC Launched across border peace triangle meeting that was attended by Kenyan administration, Ethiopian administration and Somali administration.
- MDPC restocked 80 women's affected by conflicts and with HIV AIDS
- Islamic relief conducted a training on community health workers in 20 communities
- Supplementary feedings by Action against Hunger and Islamic Relief
- Therapeutic feeding centers (TFC) in Mandera district hospital by AAH
- Communities Therapeutic feeding by Islamic Relief with total beneficiaries OF 150
- Distribution of relief food by EMOP with total beneficiaries of 126,072 persons for the month of May.