- No rains were received during the month under review. These is normal during these time of the year.
- Vegetation condition; the 3-month Vegetation Condition index is 20.8 classifying it as moderate vegetation deficit in the entire County.
- The Monthly VCI for four sub counties is showing severe vegetation deficit while Mandera South and Lafey sub counties are in moderate vegetation deficit.
- Pasture and browse conditions are poor in all sub counties.
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
- Production indicators; Milk production and consumption are below long term average.
- Terms of trade are unfavourable to pastoral communities.
- Poor livestock prices were witnessed across all the livelihood zones in the County.
- The utilization indicator is outside the normal range.
- Water trucking to over 60 centres is conducted by the county Government.