- Generally the month of October was dry and Sunny.
- The County recorded an average 3 month VCI of 35.49 implying normal vegetation greenness for the County with the exception of Kilome, Kibwezi East and West where there was moderate vegetation deficit.
- State of pasture and browse was fair in the Mixed farming zone while in the Marginal mixed farming zone it was poor.
- The state of surface water sources was on a decline trend across all the three livelihood zones. Frequent rationing was experienced in major towns due to decline in Volumes at the source.
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
- Main agricultural activity was land preparation and Planting.
- Livestock body condition ranged from fair to poor across all the three livelihood zones body score of 3-4.
- Compared to the long term, Terms of trade were fair at 80.5.
- The percentage of children at risk of malnutrition was 10 percent which is within the normal range.
- The County CSI was 11.7, an indication of high coping mechanisms for most households.