Drought Situation & EW Phase Classification
- The county received an average of 291.9mm of rain during the month of November.
- Quantity and quality of pasture and browse was fair to good across all the livelihood zones and is expected to improve further.
- State of water sources was good since major water sources impounded water.
- The average 3-month VCI index for the county was 25.93 implying moderate Vegetation deficit for the County.
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
- Generally, livestock body condition was moderate - neither fat nor thin.
- Terms of trade was not favorable at 70.3
- The proportion of children at risk of malnutrition increased slightly from 6.2% to 6.3%.This is within the normal range. Mass screening has identified 125 and 315 cases of severe and moderate malnutrition respectively.
- Coping strategy index (CSI) was within the normal ranges at 0.83, where most households employed food based coping strategies