- There was no rainfall received during the month of January.
- Generally crop production was poor since there was maize failure (over 80%) and little harvest of green grams and Cowpeas is expected.
- The average 3 month VCI for the county was 50.94.
- Quantity and quality of pasture and browse ranged from fair to poor in the marginal mixed farming zone and was fair in the Mixed Farming livelihood zone.
- The state of water sources was normal in most areas across the county since underground water sources were recharged during the OND rains. Pans were at 50% level.
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
- Generally the body condition for cattle was fair (neither fat nor thin) while that of shoats was good.
- Terms of trade was unfavorable at 67.5 to the livestock keepers implying that from a sale of goat one would get 67.5kg of Maize.
- The proportion of children at risk of malnutrition decreased slightly from 6.9% to 5% which is within the normal range.