- The short rains receded and were within the normal quantities though sparsely distributed across the district. The district received an average 46mm of rainfall down from 185 mm previous month.
- The quality of forage and pasture was stable and quantities stabilized due to reducing rainfall.
- Access to water improved alongside pasture availability and quality.
- Cattle prices increased by 6% compared to long term average of year 2006-08, this month unlike previous month's increase at 4.94%. Goat prices increased compared to long term average of year 2006-2008 by 14.08% unlike previous month's increase of 41.66%.
- Maize prices increased by 10.3% compared to the long term average of year 2006-2008 way above last month's increase of 14.29% , while that of beans went up by 22.7 % up from 9.44% previous month.
- The percentage of children in the district with mid upper arm circumference (MUAC) less than135mm was 6.5% higher than previous month's 5.2% and also higher than the 2006-8 long term average of 4.075%. The slight increase was within the normal.
- The situation in the district was still on alert and the trend improving.