- The district received an average 126mm of rainfall up from 46 mm previous month, this more than triples compared to same time long term average of 34.95mm. The short rains continued to pour and are within the normal quantities though sparsely distributed across the district.
- Cattle prices increased by 18% compared to long term average of year 2006-08, this month unlike previous month's increase at 6%. Goat prices increased compared to long term average of year 2006-2008 by 29% unlike previous month's increase of 14%.
- Maize prices increased by 16% compared to the long term average of year 2006-2008 way above last month's increase of 10.3%, while that of beans went up by 29.3 % up from 22.7 % previous month.
- The quality of forage and pasture was stable and quantities are stabilizing.
- The percentage of children in the district with mid upper arm circumference levels of less than135mm was 5% lower than previous month's of 6.5% and also higher than the 2006- 8 long term average of 2.05%.