- Insignificant rainfall was received during the month of October.
- The vegetation condition Index VCI-3Month) was 62.75 in the month of October showing an increase from 55.01 in September.
- The VCI indicated vegetation condition greenness that was above normal. The overall drought phase in the county was at normal in October.
- The body condition for both cattle and goats was good because of improved pasture and browse.
- Milk production increased from 2.8litres in September to 3.8litres in October.
- The average Term of Trade increased for the month of October to 152 compared to 121 in September.
- Average return household watering distance increased from 2.2km in September to 5.2 Km in October due to no rainfall recorded.
- Milk consumption in October was at 1.6 litres lower than the long term Average of 16.26 litres.
- The proportion of children at risk of malnutrition decreased from 4.9 percent in September to 4.8 percent in October which was slightly lower than the long-term mean of 5.0 percent.
- The average coping strategy Index was 6.66 in October, a slight decrease from 6.72 in September.