- Minimal Rainfall was received in the County for the month of January.
- The vegetation condition Index VCI-3Month) was -2.53 in the month of January from -6.55 in December.
- The VCI indicated a worsening vegetation condition with an extreme band deficit. The situation was worsening with the overall drought stage in the county being at Alarm.
- The body condition for both cattle and goats were fair to poor and the condition continued to deteriorate from that of the previous months due to reduction of pasture.
- Milk production in the month of January was lower than the long term average indicating poor pasture quantity and quality.
- Drought related livestock deaths were reported in the month of December and January both for Cattle and goats in Didewaride, Lumshi, Kibokoni, Myabogi, Bwajumwali, Tchundwa and Chalaluma.
- The average Term of Trade for the month of January was 115.65 in January.
- Average household watering distance increased from 4.8 Km in December to 15.2 Km in January.
- Milk consumption decreased to less 1 litres in January.
- The proportion of children at risk of malnutrition increased from 4.2 percent in December to 5.6 percent in the month under review but remained lower than the long-term mean.
- The average coping strategy Index was highest in the Mixed Farming Zone.