- Long rains have started and is poorly distributed, Mukogodo division being the worst with very little rains.
- Most of the rivers are flowing following the onset of the rains.
- Livestock body condition of most species is moderate to good especially for cattle and sheep.
- Crops are at germination stage in the marginal and mixed farming zones.
- Food security remained relatively stable as most of the livestock markets were open and the food stocks from the short rains were still available for the marginal agricultures zones.
- Pasture and browse were relatively fair and improving owing to the onset of the rains.
Recommendation to the district DSG
- Assessment of food security at house holds level for the pastoral and marginal agriculture zones.
- School fees bursaries to the poor parents of the pastoral and marginal agriculture zones
- Restocking to be done for the farmers who lost animals in the drought of last year.
- De-worming of the shoats following the rains.