Laikipia County: Drought Early Warning Bulletin for July 2018
- In the month of July, heavy to shallow rainfall spanning 0-7 days was recorded across Laikipia. The rainfall was generally poorly distributed in terms of time and space.
- The Vegetation Condition Index (VCI) is above the normal range for the period, indicating a good state of pasture and browse condition across most areas.
- The available pasture and browse is expected to last for at the least 2-3 months.
- There was no recorded livestock migration for the month.
- Milk production per household was above the normal range at this time of the year.
- The body condition of animals was within the normal range for the period.
- The terms of trade are above the normal range.
- Milk consumption is within the normal range.
- The return distance from water sources to grazing areas is also within the normal range.
- All within the normal range.