Drought Situation & EW Phase Classification
Performance: the county received 4 to 5 days of light to heavy showers across the livelihood zones. The temporal distribution of the rains was fair to poor whereas the spatial distribution was fair.
• The Vegetation Condition Index (VCI) was within the normal range for the period, indicating a largely fair state of pasture and browse.
• The available pasture and browse can last for one to two months, depending on the area.
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
• There were few reported cases of livestock migration within Laikipia County.
• The body condition of animals was within the normal range for the period.
• The terms of trade were above the normal range
• The return distance from water sources to grazing areas was slightly above the normal range.
• Within the normal range.