- The district received slight showers, with Matuga recording 7.8 mm in 1 day, Msambweni 49.5mm in 2 days while Kinango received 40.1mm for 2 days. This was lower than the average expected trend of 2006 - 2008.
- The pasture quality and quantity improved tremendously since the beginning of the rains.
- Most of the crops, especially in mixed farming livelihood zone, were at the knee stage with most farmers weeding.
- The livestock body condition improved in most livelihoods following the rains received. Livestock from neighboring province moved back to their respective districts.
- Pans, dams and boreholes remained the main sources of water in the district and some impounded water following the rains season.
- Human/ wildlife conflicts were reported mainly due to elephant menace in the mixed farming livelihood area.
- A slight decrease was recorded in the percentage of children under 5 years at risk of malnutrition (based on the MUAC<135mm measurement) at 8.6% this month from 9 % last month.
- The district was at 'Alarm' stage of the drought early warning, with an improving trend due to the rains received.