Drought Situation & EW Phase Classification
- Normal-to-above normal rainfall amounts were received in both livelihood zones.
- The Vegetation Condition Index was above normal at 57.91.
- The state of water sources was normal for this time of the year.
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
- Livestock body condition was normal at this time of the year.
- Milk production was below normal.
- No livestock migration was witnessed during the month.
- The terms of trade were below normal for the month.
- Milk consumption was slightly below normal.
- Return distances to water sources were higher than normal.
- The proportion of children at risk of malnutrition was above normal for this time of the year.