Drought Situation & EW Phase Classification
▪ The month of June was dry in most parts of the county and this is normal.
▪ The vegetation greenness was above normal.
Socio-Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
▪ Harvesting of food crops was on-going across the livelihood zone. However, wilting of late planted crops was reported.
▪ Livestock body condition was good to fair with no abnormal cases of livestock migration and deaths as a result of drought. However, suspected cases of contagious caprine pleuro pneumonia disease were reported.
▪ Milk production was below normal.
▪ Terms of trade were favourable compared to long term mean.
▪ Milk consumption was below normal.
▪ Water distances were within normal range.
▪ The cost of water at source was normal.
▪ The percentage of children at risk of malnutrition was within normal range.
▪ Households employed consumption based coping mechanisms less frequently compared to normal.